Many thanks to Sabine at A Land Far Away for this sweet award!! She's in the depths of TTC...please stop by and give her some support if you have a moment!!
Seven (interesting) facts about me:
1. I grew up on a horse farm and could "ride" practically before I could walk. Here is a picture to prove it...
2. My Aunt, Dellie, gave me this chair for Christmas when I was 5 or 6 and I still have it, and it's in great shape. I look forward to putting it in our baby's room.
3. In high school I was captain and goal-keeper for the women's varsity soccer team during the fall and I cheerleaded for the men's basketball team during the winter. It surprised a lot of people that I didn't play for the women's basketball team. I liked to be tough one season and wear girly skirts the next! :)
(Yes, our cheerleading unifroms were hanus and competely butt ugly!)
4. I once got my hair braided into corn-rows in the Bahamas...Those tight braids HURT so much that I have sworn to never again wear my hair like that... and I have a new found respect for those who can.
5. Only 2 short weeks after my huband and I started dating we went to the Kentucky Derby in a limo with a group of friends. It was SO MUCH fun. We sat on a blanket in the infield...hence the casual attire. It would've been fun to wear a big fancy hat....maybe some other year. (Yes, I'm wearing a great big belt buckel in a Limousine. I was sporting the "country club meets country girl" look. HA!)
6. My sister and I have the same birthday...November 3rd....yet we are 4 years apart in age. (She's older)
7. I designed and built a website for my dad. He is a painter and this is one of the paintings he has done for me and Ben. It is a portrait of our Fox Hound, Libby. Please visit our website to see more of his paintings if you are interested.
I nominate the following bloggers to recieve this award:
Sonja: On (In)fertile Ground
Tracey: Creating Baby Johnson
Rachel: Our journey, but not our plan...
The Wife: The Non-Housewife Wife
I WISH I could nominate more of you, but I'm follwing the rules...
So here's what you need to do:
- Thank the person who nominated you and copy the award in your blog
- Link the person who nominated you for this award
- Share seven interesting things about yourself
- Nominate seven fellow bloggers and add the links to their blogs