Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 12 - No Vaccine for Me Now

After many phone calls, it turns out that the H1N1 vaccine has not been released to the public yet. In order to get it right now, I would have to be considered a 'high risk patient.' Those that top the chart are pregnant women, but since I am technically not pregnant (yet) I will have to wait with the rest of the general public until November 9th. And that is the very earliest since the release date is still subject to being pushed back. By November 9th I might already be pregnant, and the thought of getting vaccinated with our very, very tiny new embryos inside me kinda freaks me out. I have been assured by my IVF doc, my general practitioner, and the Cincinnati Health Dept. that it is perfectly fine to be vaccinated early in pregnancy. The idea doesn't sit well, but in line with the rest of this process, I must TRUST the doctors to know what's best for me, my husband and our baby-to-be.

In the mean time, I will be washing my hands like crazy, taking extra Vitamin C (along with all my other prenatal supplements), and hoping that I stay HEALTHY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment