Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 11 - Flu Vaccines?

There has been SO MUCH news coverage about how bad the flu season will be this year as a result of the new H1N1 (Swine Flu) virus, so today I called my doctor's office to get his perspective on the matter. He instantly suggested that I get vaccinated for both regular flu and H1N1 because of the potential risk it could present if I were to get sick if I had just become newly pregnant.

I have never gotten a flu shot in my life, and quite frankly, I have always shrugged a shoulder at the idea. I don't like the idea of some vaccines. But this time I feel differently. Having a healthy pregnancy is numero uno, and with all that we have gone through to get to this point we are not into taking unnecessary risks.

If my doctor says its the right thing to do, then we have to trust his judgement. Off to get vaccinated....

No comments:

Post a Comment